Director of Programs and Partnerships
New York City, New York, United States
The AAWW seeks a Director of Programs and Partnerships—a critical member of the senior leadership team who will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing the Workshop’s overall programming strategy and overseeing and coordinating our Fellowships. This position will report to the Executive Director, and manage the programming team.
Oversee day-to-day operations of AAWW programming, with three major areas of focus:
Manage and oversee the Margins and Open City Fellowship programs.
* Responsibilities include but are not limited to: overseeing and implementing application process, program execution (bi-monthly meetings and guest speaker calendars), administrative tasks (overseeing stipend disbursement, residency, mentorship, and more), and building community among current and former Fellows.
* Curate and produce a dynamic calendar of public programming.
* Develop, oversee, and implement AAWW’s overarching programming strategy and external and internal partnerships, ensuring that all public programs align with organizational vision and mission.
* Generate new ideas for how to increase audience engagement and build community across all areas of programming, and develop and maintain systems for tracking event analytics.
* Develop new, and maintain existing external partnerships, leveraging strategic collaborative opportunities to enhance AAWW programming.
* Support Programs Coordinator in overseeing CreateNow community workshops, including management of existing sites and exploring expansion opportunities.
As a vital member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Programs & Partnerships will also be expected to:
* Motivate and manage programming team, establishing systems of communication and workflow needed to ensure steady and consistent calendars of programming while working remotely. As primary supervisor, responsibilities include ensuring team’s success in creating and executing programming; mentoring staff and sharing professional development opportunities; and
providing annual performance evaluations.
* Coordinate robust cross-departmental collaborations, including but not limited to: exploring ways that programming can interact with AAWW editorial efforts and developing digital strategies with the digital communications team.
* Provide organizational management support, including but not limited to: creating materials for grant proposals, applications, and reports; developing and managing programming budget each fiscal year; and providing materials and participating in quarterly Board Meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years relevant experience.
Interest in literature, programming, and using programming to build community.
Demonstrated experience managing and executing a successful calendar of programming that builds an engaged and expanding audience.
Demonstrated experience creating sound systems and processes for virtual and in-person events.
Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
Flexible, creative team player and multitasker willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done.
Existing relationships and connections in the literary world are a plus.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Salary range is $57,000-$62,000/year commensurate with experience. The AAWW offers a strong benefits package including a generous vacation policy and fully-covered health, dental and vision insurance. This role is a management position. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily be a remote position as the AAWW staff continues to telecommute. Candidates must be currently based in or willing to relocate to the greater New York City area upon the resuming of in-person operations.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com