Bronx, United States
Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs and supervising the Grants Associate, the Grants Manager designs, implements, oversees, delivers, and evaluates funding programs, based on field best practices and the needs of BCA’s constituents. Balancing internal management with external impact and visibility, the Grants Manager must be highly organized and able to work effectively in a creative, diverse, and high-energy environment. They must have excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and writing abilities, and be a detail-oriented team player, as well as an entrepreneurial person who can think strategically to research and develop new initiatives within BCA’s mission, goals, and priorities. They must possess experience with both grants administration and financial management of grantmaking programs. Ideally, they are impassioned by this work and have a strong sense of the needs of the Bronx cultural community. They are also accountable to other members of the staff to contribute to a positive organizational culture of warmth, passion, and accountability. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to expand their career experience by joining a small, dynamic, and growing arts organization.
● Manage the implementation of yearlong regrants programs, developing and incorporating strategies for ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
● Interact with artists and representatives of cultural organizations, serving as point of contact among applicants, grantees, and BCA
● Form and manage the Grants Program Advisory Committee
● Advance the goals and outcomes of BCA grants program Cultural Plan
● Select partners/locations and produce Community Engagement Grants (CEGs) and Bronx Recognizes Its Own (BRIO) celebrations
● Participate in NYSCA Statewide Community Regrant activities when announced; attend annual NYSCA retreat
● Recruit skilled panelists taking into account diverse geographic, racial, geographic, and artist discipline representation
● Facilitate BCA panel processes or perform as panelist when needed
● Read applications and letters of intent and be acquainted with grantees’ work
● Maintain positive relationships with regranting funders
● Collaborate with sister organizations and borough arts councils in special projects, as needed
● Recommend artists for BCA and outside projects and performances
● Prepare grant award data for approval by the board of directors
● Prepare board of directors and funder reports
● Oversee the processing of grantee payments and conduct initial approval process
● Update grant guidelines, grant process manuals, and language for the website as needed.
● Represent BCA in meetings related to grantmaking
● Act as BCA’s program ambassador through interactions with external stakeholders
● Minimum of 2 years’ prior experience in grants or programs management.
● At least 3 years’ work experience in the nonprofit sector.
● Excellent communication skills. Strong verbal and writing skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish desired.
● Strong capability for strategic thinking and diplomacy.
● Experience working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required; experience working with Salesforce, Submittable, and other grant management databases strongly desired.
● Ability to travel around the borough to visit outside sites and locations, and to perform grantee site visits.
● Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work, and to plan and coordinate diverse activities.
● Experience working with immigrant populations in a community-based setting strongly preferred.
● Understanding of the arts environment in the Bronx and beyond a plus.
● Ability to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
● Detail oriented. Self-sufficient, proactive, and reliable.
● Comfort in a fast-paced, growing organization.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
● A commitment to BCA’s mission and values.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com