Keyholder Residency Program
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
New York, USA
Lower East Side Printshop, NY, offers emerging artists FREE year-long studio residencies to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. The application deadline is March 1, 2023 for residencies that begin on April 1, 2023. Printmaking facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monotype, waterbased screenprinting, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Emerging artists without a studio are highly encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24/7, one-year access to a shared studio with printmaking facilities
• $1,000 stipend
• Free career development workshops and salons
• Group exhibition opportunities
• Consultation hours with Printshop’s staff
• Only US residents may apply (Social Security number required).
• Students enrolled in any degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible.
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers.