Memberships and Campaigns Manager
London, United Kingdom
STEPPENWOLF THEATRE COMPANY
For over 40 years, Steppenwolf Theatre Company has been a cultural leader in Chicago and model for theatre companies in the United States and around the world. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble represents a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors, stage managers and playwrights. Steppenwolf’s artistic ambitions are made possible by its incredible workforce of individuals, who help create a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and accountability. To that end, we attempt to use an anti-oppressive and anti-racist lens in our roles and everyday decision-making. Join us in this ongoing process, as we navigate, together, our complex world.
Memberships and Campaigns Manager
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Memberships and Campaigns Manager. This position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in a performing arts organization, or comparable experience. With over 6,500 subscribers and various package types, from traditional subscription packages (Steppenwolf “classic membership”) to flexible memberships (“Black Card” and “RED”), this position drives the evolution of Steppenwolf’s subscription offerings and package alternatives and executes our year-round membership campaigns. This role also works to develop and support single ticketing strategies as the industry shifts and Steppenwolf looks to expand its audience. The Memberships and Campaigns Manager also leads our data reporting & analysis for sales and audience trends, and acts as the Marketing and Communications Department’s Tessitura expert staying on top of industry trends, identifying new opportunities for use of the CRM, and arranging internal trainings as needed. Experience with JCA’s Revenue Management Application (RMA) a plus.
The Memberships and Campaigns Manager reports to the Deputy Marketing Director and helps to supervise the efforts of the Marketing Assistant and Marketing Apprentice.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Build extractions & lists for segmented and targeted patron communications
• Pull patron analytics
• Serve on the internal cross-departmental Tessitura task force and coordinate with database administrator to capitalize on customization opportunities
Reporting & Analysis
• Track and disseminate accurate and up-to-date attendance and ticket sales data:
o Current reports include daily sales emails, weekly cumulative sales emails, attendance reports, sales curves, etc.
• Provide analysis and recommendations on revenue goals, sales benchmarks, and forecasting
• Set up and test promo codes for marketing initiatives and report out on performance
• Provide analysis on institutional trends & initiatives (includes patron retention, ROI, demographic research, etc.) and assist other departments on reporting needs; support web, email and e-commerce analysis as needed
• Participate on the internal pricing and inventory management team as an active member (currently working with JCA Arts marketing)
• Assist on research projects (past examples include focus groups informing the development of new membership products and benefits, and the Black Card/Gen-X research done as part of The Wallace Foundation’s Building Audiences for Sustainability Initiative)
Membership Campaign Promotion Strategy & Execution
• Coordinate, plan and execute year-round marketing campaigns for all areas of subscription/membership (acquisition, renewal, flex, virtual, etc.)
• Develop multi-channel messaging, including copywriting and content direction for direct mailers, emails, website, events, audience services talking points, SMS campaigns, etc.
• Drive conversation and innovation around the evolution of Steppenwolf’s multi-play packages and patron loyalty programs
• Help plan the annual Season Preview event and other member events
• Actively support the internal website team, with a focus on membership-related website needs
• Point-person with related external consultants (strategy consultants, outbound sales call center, etc.) and close collaborator with members of the Audience Services team developing and executing member communications
Single Ticket and other Campaign Management
• Strategize and execute marketing campaigns for Main Series productions each season.
• Monitor sales and execute efforts to fill houses and meet single ticket revenue goals.
o Develop multichannel messaging, including copywriting and content direction for direct mailers, emails, website, events, audience services talking points, etc.
• Ideate and implement innovative tactics to increase new to file ticket buyers and expand audiences
• Support the creation of a Community Engagement Committee to support theatre’s growth
• Build Relationships with current and potential community partners
• Coordinate and plan marketing campaign for annual Holiday ticket, gift card, or package offering
Direct Mail Strategies
• Execute list trade management and list research
• Conduct research and analysis on response from individual segments to evaluate ROI, etc.
• Manage Marketing Assistant and Marketing Apprentice/Summer Marketing Intern as needed
• Maintain budgets under purview
• Provide general support to the department on an ongoing basis:
o That assistance may include assisting on departmental archives; scheduling meetings; and other assigned tasks as needed
Successful candidates will:
• Have a high degree of initiative, confidence and energy to achieve or exceed goals, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with ease
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing at a professional performing arts institution, or
Experience with Tessitura, T-Stats, and JCA’s Revenue Management Application (RMA) a plus
Accuracy in maintaining data records and managing data efficiently
A polished and professional approach in presenting sales and campaign information
Familiarity with subscription package promotion and industry trends
Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion
Salary range: $59,000 to $64,900 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
ALL STEPPENWOLF EMPLOYEES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theatre. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theater, the 400-seat Ensemble Theater and the 80-seat 1700 Theater. Artistic programming includes a six-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Artists engagements; and LookOut, a multi-genre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Audrey Francis and Glenn Davis are the Artistic Directors and E. Brooke Flanagan is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company strives to create thrilling, courageous and provocative art in a thoughtful and inclusive environment. We succeed when we disrupt your routine with experiences that spark curiosity, empathy and joy. We invite you to join our community as we navigate our complex world together.
Steppenwolf Core Values:
• Equity + Inclusion
• Integrity + Curiosity
• Courage + Collaboration
• Accountability + Leadership
o Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA).
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.